Sussex paintings for sale

Sunday 24 June 2018

Painting the poppies on the South Downs

It's been a while since I have updated my blog.
It's been a while since I painted.
It's been a month of artistic trials and tribulations  .....things that I won't go in to as I want to move on from them now.
The best tonic for me has been to get out into the solitude and tranquility of the countryside.
Summer has arrived and brought with it patches of bright red wonderful poppies and fields of barley that sway in the breeze like a soft green magical sea . 
Blackcap and Plumpton plain
I have been up on the South Downs where the chalk white tracks highlight my route ahead

My path took me from Blackcap and Plumpton plain over to Falmer .
A blue sky and sunshine day .
Perfect!

                                       "Poppies to Blackcap" 
"Poppies to Blackcap"  Acrylic on canvas 24" x 12"
 



No comments:

Post a Comment