Sussex paintings for sale

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Paintings of Rye Harbour Nature Reserve


Rye Harbour Nature Reserve
The weather's been so wonderful that I ventured out to make the most of the glorious sunshine !
This time my quest was to explore the nature reserve at Rye harbour.
A long concrete track led me down past the old red and black hut that stands alone at the mouth of Rye harbour .

The tide was out and I was greeted by a vast expanse of sand, shingle and sea . Old weathered groynes stood like sculptures along the shore and birds scoured the shallow lagoons for a tasty morsel or two.
Low tide at Rye Harbour nature reserve
My intention was to walk out to the sea but it was so very far away that I thought it would take me forever!
Instead I sat and admired the view. It was a very hot day and the sunshine made the wet beach glisten and shine as if it was adorned with jewels ....fabulous!
 The next day I was eager to get painting !
                                         "Forever to the sea"
                              Acrylic on canvas 24"x 12"
"Forever to the sea" Painting the beach at Rye Harbour
                                                  "Old Harbour Hut"
                                    Acrylic on canvas 12" x 10"
"Old Harbour Hut" Acrylic painting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment