Sussex paintings for sale

Thursday 4 April 2013

"Paint-Ted", Still life painting of a teddy bear

For a bit of fun I thought I would paint my little teddy bear again. The first time I painted him was for the Eightbyeight project http://www.eightbyeight.org/ ,along with a painting of a pink toy fairy
.
 They were only 8" square so I thought I would paint him a bit bigger.

He sits in my room next to an old honey pot that I keep my small brushes in, watching me work with an intense look of concentration on his face. Seemed only right to paint him "in situ" :)
Work in progress "Paint-Ted" Acrylic on box canvas 24"x 12"x 1.5"
Today I concentrated on the left hand side of the painting. The glass of water and paint tubes are just about done.Still more to do on the bear but he's getting there...
 Added the honey pot and brushes on the right hand side. It's odd painting something that sits and stares at you! A brighter photo of it today as the sun's shining at last!

The sun's still shining and I've finished painting my little bear...I hope he approves!
"Paint-Ted"
Acrylic on box canvas 24"x 12"x 1.5"
Still life with teddy bear




No comments:

Post a Comment