Sussex paintings for sale

Tuesday 2 July 2013

"Playtime" Painting children

This week I thought I would give myself  a fun challenge !
When you're only 3 years old there are certain things in life that are very important to you...
Pink...all clothing must be pink including your scarf and mittens.
Your favourite character, Peppa Pig must be on everything!
Your shoes must have little heart shaped lights that shine when you walk and of course you really must wear your Mickey Mouse bike helmet!
Now your ready......
                                                            "Playtime"
                        Acrylic on stretched canvas 14"x 18" 

"Playtime" Fun painting of a toddler

                                            **************************************
Here's another little girl I spotted whilst out and about. I loved her Summer hat with the big daisy on the side, perhaps that was her name, I shall never know but I like to think so :)
                                                                   "Daisy"
                                                    Acrylic on box canvas 14"x18"x1.5"
"Daisey"  Painting of young child

 

I've just written a short article about my still life paintings for the Art2Arts website, if you would like to know more about the inspiration and the initial process of my work please take a look :)
http://www.art2arts.co.uk/finding-a-subject-to-painta-new-life-in-still-life/info_227.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, this post made me smile, you're so right, they are so cute and innocent when they're young! Beautiful painting! Happy week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon :) It's my granddaughter, I took the original photo when they came to visit at Easter. It always makes me smile when I see it so i thought I would paint it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.
    My Granddaughter is 3 in October - she's also a pink person (and loves Peppa Pig)!

    ReplyDelete