Sussex paintings for sale

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Landscapes in lockdown

Well......my good intentions of keeping my Blog up to date seem to half fallen apart like the World around us !!!!
Goodness...we never expected this!  I do hope that you are all keeping safe and well in this crazy situation !

So along came the Spring and I found myself  to be a landscape artist in lockdown . This did not go well for a while . My paintings depend upon my walks. Paths that I could no longer explore .

Thankfully Spring  meant the arrival of the Bluebell season. I am very fortunate to live in a village surrounded by some beautiful woods that were all within my allowed daily excercise area..phew!  They certainly helped to save my sanity and kept me painting .
It was all very touch and go for a while though, especially as art materials became harder and harder to obtain. 
Here is my Spring  collection .....
 Springtime Paintings 2020
Now things have eased a bit I can go further afield . This is good news, but  I don't drive and I have no wish to use public transport yet . I needed a plan, something positive to focus on .
 The sun arrived in all it's glory and the amazing weather was far to good to miss, so with the help of my husband  I have been able to get to my most local part of The South Downs. 
It's a beautful area where The South Downs Way winds it's path along the slopes and  panoramic views over the Sussex Weald are a delight to behold.
Perfect weather ...... perfect views !
 So my plan now is to capture some of them on canvas and wait and see how things go over the next few weeks .

                                    "Way Over the Weald" (Plumpton) 
"Way Over the Weald" Acrylic painting on canvas .


 "Sometimes your feet are weary, Sometimes the way is long,
Sometimes the day is dreary, Sometimes the world goes wrong;
    But if you let your voices ring, Your care will fly away,
                So we'll sing a song as we march along,
                            Of Sussex by the Sea.


                        Oh Sussex, Sussex by the Sea!
                          Good old Sussex by the Sea!
                  You may tell them all we stand or fall,
                            For Sussex by the Sea."


 (SUSSEX BY THE SEA is the county's unofficial anthem. It was written in 1907 by William Ward-Higgs ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment