Sussex paintings for sale

Friday 2 October 2020

Summer painting and The South Downs

 Summer has now sadly drawn to a close. It's been a strange one this year with so much uncertainty with the Covid virus still around. 

I wasn't able to get out very often so I had to make sure that I made the most of my walks and choose the places that I thought would be best for painting and give me a variety of views. This I decided would be The South Downs.

In the height of Summer I headed off  to Beddingham and Firle. It was a hot sunny day. The paths were filled with wild flowers and butterflies and the fields full of golden crops and sheep grazing at their leisure. Perfect!

I knew it would be busy on the South Downs Way  at Firle beacon so I walked up Beddingham Hill and set off  south towards Newhaven . I was greeted with stunning views towards the sea . From there I headed back north to Firle beacon .  I really couldn't have made a better choice for a walk !

Beddingham to Firle walk

It was an inspiring day and I returned home with plenty of wonderful views to paint ...

                                          "Downland to the Sea"

                                        "Golden to the Sea"

                                          "Summer Heights"

I am very happy to say that they have all found new homes.

                                                               ****************

My second main walk took to to Ditchling beacon and along to the windmills at Clayton  . The Summer was gradually fading away and the colours were more muted. I love this time of year as the Hawthorn bushes are ablaze with red berries like beacons on the slopes . 

Ditchling beacon to Clayton 

Once again it was a wonderful walk with stunning views over The South Downs and the Sussex Weald . I'm still happily painting and holding on to the memories of Summer for as long as I can ! 

                                                       








No comments:

Post a Comment