Sussex paintings for sale

Sunday 26 January 2014

Features, foul weather and Valentine's...

January is coming to an end and still the weather is grim! It's really frustrating as I would love to paint some more landscapes but the rain and wind do not make a good mixture for photography.
I've been out and about around the village outskirts but it's just so wet and muddy...
I discovered an old abandoned farm that's full of charm and character. Unfortunately I can't explore it as it's on private land, but maybe I will return to it in the Summertime and see it in a better light.
The storms have brought so many trees down that parts of the wood look like some sort of Jurassic landscape, it's such a shame but I'm sure new growth will soon arrive and the next generation will be able to enjoy the woodland that I have got to know over the past 5 years here in Newick.
Sometimes on my walks I discover the most unlikely things, twice last week I found myself having to look twice. Firstly I spotted 7 goldfish in a small, fast flowing country stream, they looked liked they were having a wonderful time! I guess that the recent downpours have caused someone's pond to flood and overflow resulting in the liberation of their fish.
My next surprise was during a frosty morning walk along the old disused railway line. As I turned the corner I came upon a very large and very hairy camel! I certainly wasn't expecting to see that ! Apparently his origins were from Mongolia so he didn't mind our cold wet weather. I have to say he was rather handsome in his own way.....
But not quite my ideal painting subject !
Going back to the subject of painting I have had a good January, starting off with the Artist and Illustrator magazine choosing  "Swanning around" as part of their January online exhibition .
"Swanning Around" Painting the swans on Piltdown pond

Secondly the Printers Inc ran a feature on me for their blog Behind the easel which was fun to take part in . I have several artworks available from them as canvas or photo prints http://pa4438.wix.com/paulaoakleyart#!buy-prints-and-posters

Then finally and most excitingly was Daler Rowney inviting me to be a featured artist on their website. I am really pleased to have been asked and to discover how much they like my paintings.
All my work is created with their System 3 acrylics so it's a very apt place for me to be seen :)
Daler Rowney featured artist

In the mean time I have been having a little fun , with Valentine's day fast approaching I thought I would be a little romantic, 8"x 8" to be precise ....
                                                        "Love Buttons"
                                                       Acrylic on canvas board
Still life made with love and buttons

 
I have also just started a similar painting but on a slightly bigger canvas so watch this space :)
.....and here it is..
                                                     "Button Love"
                                           Acrylic on box canvas 16"x 12"x 1.5"
"Button Love" fun still life


  

No comments:

Post a Comment