Sussex paintings for sale

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Family and festivities



This week has been about painting gifts for my family.
I have the Naming Day of my youngest grandson coming up soon and thought it would be more personal to paint him a picture .
I rarely paint children but my grandchildren are the exception to my rule.
I hope that maybe one day, when I'm long gone, that he'll find it tucked away in the attic and think...
"Yay" My gran painted that for me"                                                                                                                                                                           "James"
                                                     Acrylic on canvas board 10"x 14"

Painting baby James


Next was something completely different. As I have mentioned before our family lived on various farms in Kent and Sussex.
My brother has fond memories of his farming days as a young teenager in the early 1960's and a love of the old tractors that he can remember driving on the South Downs.
With this in mind I was requested to paint one as a special birthday present from his wife.
At first I wasn't sure where or how I was going to get the right reference photos , then by chance I discovered that there was to be a vintage farm fair just 3 miles up the road from me!
It was a wonderful sunshine day and I was delighted to see a vast array of old farm machinery being displayed and demonstrated and I found exactly what I was looking for !
The background of the painting could be anywhere but it's actually the area where my brother lived at the time .
I am very happy to say that he loved the resulting surprise :)

                                                       "Travellin' Light"
                             
Painting of an early 1960's  Nuffield tractor
        
Acrylic on canvas 24"x 18" 

      Looked good framed ....
                  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment