Sussex paintings for sale

Thursday 5 November 2015

Bonfires and Autumn walks. Painting the Autumn colours

Autumn walks and celebrating Newick bonfire night
Well it's been such a busy few weeks that I have only just got around to updating my blog.
Autumn's arrival meant getting out and about on the sunny days to explore and capture the wonderful colours around me.
It also brings the fun of bonfire night. It's celebrated in a big way in Sussex and our small village excels it's self with processions, fireworks and fun. It was a big part of my childhood and as much as I still love it, my days of walking miles in fancy dress with a flaming torch are now distant memories...but....I do like to celebrate by making a hat to wear, this year my theme was "Sussex by the Sea" ...of course! ;)
My "Sussex by the Sea" bonfire hat
Anyway,  between the merriment I have been busy working on three Autumn themed paintings.
 It's been a lot more colourful this year and I have enjoyed some fantastic and inspiring views on my walks around the village. .....

                                          "An Autumn morning" 
"An Autumn morning" Acrylic on canvas
                                 
                                     "Pathway to Autumn"

"Pathway to Autumn" Acrylic on canvas
                                       "A Sussex Autumn"
"A Sussex Autumn" Acrylic on canvas
Before I go.... I would just like to say a very big "THANK YOU" to those that have been kind enough so far  to take the time to vote for me  :)  Artist Of The Year 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment