Sussex paintings for sale

Wednesday 4 January 2017

The South Downs and "Lunch along the way"

The South Downs at Firle, East Sussex

Happy New Year!
I thought I would start 2017 off with a South Downs painting.
The blue skies and sunshine were too good to miss over the holidays, so we took  a trip down to Firle beacon for a break out in the fresh air.
 We obviously weren't the only ones with that thought , I couldn't believe how busy it was!
 My explorations are usually during the week so I'm used to hardly seeing anyone else but with such wonderful views along The South Downs Way I wasn't surprised .
I spotted some walkers taking a lunch break on the bench whilst looking out over  the  Sussex Weald as it faded off into the horizon.
 So many times I have done the exact same thing myself.
 Couldn't be more perfect for a painting!

                                 "Lunch along the way"
                           Acrylic on canvas 24"x 18" 
                   
"Lunch along the way" Painting of the view from The South Downs Way at Firle, East Sussex 
If you would like to see more then pop on over to my gallery page https://www.artfinder.com/paula-oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment