Sussex paintings for sale

Wednesday 12 June 2013

"Downland Gold" Landscape painting of the yellow rapeseed fields of Sussex

At last we've had a few days of sunshine, so my sister and I have been out and about exploring the countryside around us.
 We have been following some of the footpaths in our local area which have led us to some delightful scenery and enabled me to take some wonderful reference photographs.
 The meadows are full of buttercups and the fields full of rapeseed crops, beautiful bright yellow everywhere! It's a good job I wore my sunglasses!

                                    "Downland Gold"
                               Acrylic on box canvas 20"x 16"x 1.5"
"Downland Gold" East Chiltington, Sussex



 I'm delighted that this painting has been chosen as Editors Choice in the September 2013 issue of The Leisure Painter magazine

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful painting, it makes me want to get out for a walk myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The weather has changed now for the worse! Glad I went when I did! :)
    My sister and I have been printing off circular walks from the internet so we can explore. It's great as you get to see so much more than if you were to drive through the area :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vibrant painting.

    I was going to ask where/when you saw the sunshine as we surely aren't getting much here on the North Kent Coast!

    But just seen your comment re. the weather changing for the worse. Its raining in Whitstable just now

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice last week :) Rain now:(

    ReplyDelete