Sussex paintings for sale

Friday 13 September 2013

"Alicia's Toy Box" Still life painting commission

I have just completed a fun and colourful still life commission.
 The brief was to paint a composition that would feature a selection of favourite toys to celebrate a first birthday. I was then given free rein to create something for the occasion.
I discovered that the little girl "Alicia" lives on a farm. I thought it would be more personal to include this idea, along with her Autumn birthday and added some baby building blocks with the details
It was a delight to create and resulted in a very special keepsake....
                           a little bit Autumn.....a little bit farm....and a lot of Alicia's Toy Box 

                                                         "Alicia's Toy Box"
                                                                  Acrylic 20"x 16"

2 comments:

  1. What fun, this is so well done Paula! The life like details are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura. It was a very different process for me. Usually I would photograph the objects together but with this I was sent separate photos of the toys. It meant the light/shade and size took a bit more thinking about. I got there in the end and they were delighted with it :)

    ReplyDelete